Where it all goes, a spent journal

a young woman's year-long journal of the money she spends.

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Saturday, February 18th, 2006

Ham and Cheese sandwich/chips $5.50
Goodwill (jacket, dress, shirt) $26.00
Downtown Atlantic Restaurant (cupcake & coffee) $3.00
Jesse's Deli (cheese, crackers, orbit gum) $8.73


Friday, February 17th, 2006

Coffee Settepani .75
movie- Something New (with Noodles) $11.00
Urban Outfitters (little sweater) $10.83

See what did I tell ya, I knew it wouldn't take long for me to start spending again. I laugh though, I really thought at this point in my life, as a 27 year old woman I would be shopping at much more sophisticated boutiques and "schmancy" department stores. Just like when I was 17, ten years later you still find me hitting the ever-so popular sale rack at Urban Outfitters, and making bi-weekly visits to the neighborhood Goodwill. Part of this is because I'm not the 27 year old I imagined myself to be when I was 17 years old, and part of this is what I call my "creative process" of being an excellent bargain hunter (inherited from my mother) and the pure satisfaction I feel when I find an amazing designer shirt for 4 dollars... Then comes the paralell satisfaction of telling others it was only 4 dollars! Some things never change, and I like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home