Where it all goes, a spent journal

a young woman's year-long journal of the money she spends.

Thursday, April 27, 2006


Wednesday, April 27th, 2006

Coffee Settepani Bakery .75
Aerosoles (green sandals) $39.99
Movie (Friends With Money) $10.75
Small Popcorn Small Diet Coke $9.75

I knew I would like the movie "Friends With Money", and I wanted to wait to go see it with my girls, but wanted to escape into movie world last night after work, so I popped in by myself. Written and Directed by Nicole Holofcener, whom by looking at her IMDB profile has not only directed some other great films, but episodes on television series that I am a fan of both Sex and the City, and Six Feet Under. Anyway, the characters in this movie were so easy to relate to, even the ones with shitloads of money...I thought I would see myself and relate the most to the charater played by Jennifer Aniston, the only single one of the four girlfriends, facing the struggles of being single and broke. I actually found I could relate some with each character in this film regardless of the amount of money they made or their marital status. The writer/director leaves you with those money thoughts in your head, what is the meaning of money, and as I always ask myself and others, does money buy happiness? In one couples scenario money destroys them, and though they are so rich, what they are doing with their money angers others, and as a couple the relationship is cold and empty...I'd say the film was worth the $10.75, and recommend.
Now the shoes I bought, they were also worth the $39.99 tax free, well, because A. I have like no sandals, and B. If you live in New York, you must know that Aerosoles are the most comfortable shoe, and stylin' all in one. Also as I usually go for my seasonal Camper purchase , a purchase that leaves me broke, look back to an October posting where I ended up spending $189.00 on a pair of boots. Justifying this recent shoe purchase of $39.99, I can buy 3-4 pair of Aerosoles for the price of one pair of Campers. Now, why I continue to purchase movie popcorn, and diet cokes everytime I go to a movie? That is something I should be punished for.